Stop Snoring Devices in the Market Today
There is a wide variety of these in the market, but one ought to seek medical counsel in finding the perfect one for them. Some of the stop snoring devices on offer today include:
• Snore Stopper chin pillows: These are pillows designed specifically for people with this habit. They are made in such a way as to help the victim sleep on their side rather than their back. Sleeping on the back relaxes the throat and other organs, making them to fall back and constrict air passages. The pillows are too comfortable for the users to even notice they are wearing something on their neck. Furthermore, the pillows reduce the users' stertoring by half.
• Stop Snoring beds: Making use of these customized beds can really go a long way in reducing the habit. The beds can be adjusted to the required degree of elevation. Research has shown that with an elevation of about 300, less pressure is placed upon the diaphragm hence the air passages are clearer. Furthermore, with an elevated head, the tongue can not rest on the uvula, a common cause of stertoring. Despite their price of up to $1000, these beds guarantee value for money.
• Jaw supporter: This invention prevents the jaw from moving during sleep. The head-worn gear is designed to maintain the jaw locked thus ensuring the mouth remains closed as one sleeps. Having an open mouth results in increased stertoring.
• Nasal valve dilators: These dilators help to curb the stertoring that comes with stuffed noses. There are two types of these: adhesive tape and plastic dilators. The adhesive types can fall off during sleep. Despite being an uncomfortable solution, they are ideal for the restrained budget.
• Dental gadgets: These include tongue retaining devices which restrain movement of the tongue during sleep. However, these stop snoring devices prevent swallowing as well, which can be unsafe to the sleeper.
• Sprays: Nasal blockages can be eased using some stop stertoring sprays. The sprays not only soften the nasal tissues but also moisten the air passages, reducing their tendency to narrow. However, some people are not comfortable with the device and should find another solution.