Monday 23 May 2011

Effective Stop Snoring Home Remedy

If you are snoring, chances are that you have been embarrassed, humiliated and disgraced by people around you. I was once in those shoes so I know exactly how it feels. I remembered my blood brother waking up in the night to give me a heavy blow because I won't allow him sleep in the night. I am someone you would call a heavy snorer but interestingly, I was able to stop snoring. I do not remember using any drug or device, I just used a stop snoring home remedy, one that was designed out of hatred for the humiliation I get for being a snorer.

There are many snorers out there today who have suffered severe losses because of snoring. Marriages are broken and relationships are on the verge of breaking down because someone snores. How much evil do you think snoring will do to you before you get mad and look for how to stop snoring? Do not read this article like "just one of those" articles you have read before. I am sharing with you how I was eventually able to get rid of snoring at home and I believe it will help you. Even if this method doesn't help you, there are so many effective snoring remedies out there that have proven highly successful in stopping snoring. Yes, you may be confused about which one to choose but there is nothing wrong with trying a couple of them.

Just in case you do not even know why you snore, snoring is not only caused because you had cold and catarrh and your nose got blocked; it is mostly caused because the nasal passage way or airways are blocked up by the muscles of the throat and tongue. Weighty people suffer from this most. If you are weighty, chances are that you snoring because of that. The muscles of your throat and tongue are probably so thickened that they relax to block the airways, causing you to snore. If you will stop snoring as a weighty person, you must first get real; you will have to shed some weight first.

If you have catarrh and its making you snore, a simple stop snoring home remedy is using mentholated rub. You can rub it around your nose before going to sleep. It will cause a flow out of the mucus blocking your nose, giving you a free airway for breathing. Now let me talk about how I was able to get rid of my snoring.

* I sleep with consciousness - I go to bed each night with the consciousness that my brother is there, ready to pounce on me whenever I snore. While this was not what worked the miracle, it helped me to wake up as soon as I start snoring.

* I sleep on my side - I found out I mostly snore when I am lying on my back so I switched to sleeping on my side. This helped to create a passageway for breathing by preventing my throat muscles from over-relaxing on the airways. This helped me a great deal.

* I guide against getting myself stressed up - If you work too late into the night, you may get stressed by the time you sleep and chances are that you will snore because you will be thrown into heavy sleep. You can prevent this by sleeping earlier.

The above were my secret and I found out eventually that they are remedies that have been recommended in the past for those who want to stop snoring. You too can use these tips to stop your snoring. You will not only help your roommates and partners get a good night rest; you too will be getting a better rest for your body.